- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is an FPS game that’s offered by Activision for Windows PC, PlayStation, and Xbox consoles.
- The game contains Fatal errors like 887a0005, which are hard to bear.
- If you are facing COD Black Ops Cold War Fatal Error on PC, consult with the following article.
Activision has put a lot of struggle to keep their reputation maintain their reputation. But error codes like 887a0005 can be a headache for the game developers. So their team is working on a patch file or fixes to such bugs, but until they are under development, why don’t you perform some troubleshooting workarounds to bypass them.
How Do I Fix COD Black Ops Cold War Fatal Error on PC?
There can be various reasons for the COD Black Ops Cold War Fatal Error. Windows users have the option to perform more than one solution to get rid of this issue. So I have drafted some fixes to help players enjoy a smooth COD gameplay.
Update GPU Drivers
Outdated GPU drivers can be a huge cause of COD Fatal errors. Because the game can only run smoothly if its visual graphics are supported by the system. And, only the updated graphics drivers can users run high-end games like this one.
- Press Win + X keys and select Device Manager from the context menu.
- Expand the Display Adapters tab and right-click on your GPU card
- Select “Update Driver” and on the next tab, click on “Search automatically for drivers”
- After updating the drivers successfully, restart your system.
Exit Unwanted Processes
Some applications keep consuming the power of your CPU while running in the background. So for your sake, you should stop the unwanted applications and processes from running in the background.
- Right-click on the taskbar and select Task Manager from the appearing menu.
- Go to the Processes tab.
- Select an unwanted app or process and click on the End Task button.
- Do the same to disable all the problematic utilities on the PC.
Repair COD Files
Some of your COD game files may be corrupted and in need of repair. In that case scenario, you should consider repairing the game files, to fix any corruptions from the game’s side.
- Launch the Battle.net client and go to its Library section.
- Select Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and navigate to its Options.
- Click on Scan and Repair >> Start Scan
- Once the game files are repaired, restart your PC.
Always ensure that your Windows OS is updated to the latest build because it acts as a source to help you enjoy the updated versions of COD BOCW without fatal errors.
- Launch Windows OS Settings.
- Go to the Update & Security tab.
- Click on the Check for Updates button.
- After getting notified about a pending update, allow your system to install the required files.
Turn Off Hardware Accelerated GPU
Some users have enabled Hardware Accelerated GPU to make the most of VRAM on their system. But in the case of COD BOCW Fatal error, disabling such an in-game facility can be quite helpful.
- After launching Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, navigate to the in-game settings.
- Navigate to System >> Display >> Graphics Settings
- Next up, disable the “Hardware Accelerated GPU” facility.
Turn Off Ray Tracing
Ray Tracing helps users render the lights to enjoy gameplay with realistic visual graphics. But enabling such a facility can lead towards COD BOCW fatal error on Windows 11 or 10. So it’s better to keep Ray Tracing disabled, to take advantage of smooth gameplay.
- Go to in-game Settings.
- Expand the Graphics section.
- Disable all the three options associated with Ray Tracing.
- After performing the aforementioned changes, relaunch COD BOCW on Windows PC.
That’s all, thanks for your time spent reading ways to fix COD Black Ops Cold War Fatal Error on PC at it’sDailyTech.