Looking for the method to Cancel Automatic Install Of iOS and iPad OS Updates. Here you will find all of the important information regarding this topic. When it comes to updating the software of an iPhone, some people hesitate and don’t want to update the software. Maybe your device is not backed up or you are waiting to see the feedback of the software before you update it.
Or Maybe there is an update available and you don’t want to accidentally update your device. But if you accidentally set your iPhone or iPad to schedule an overnight update, then what will you do? I was thinking the same thing, What will I do?. So, I searched and find different ways. So keep on reading and find the method to Cancel Automatic Install Of iOS and iPad OS Updates.
Are Updates Important?
This is a very tough and simple question to answer. Yes! updates are important for every device. But with different devices the time limit to install the update is different. Some devices require instant updates to run smoothly. And some devices can run smoothly for years without an update. Even if there is a list of updates available for the device.
If we specifically talk about iPhones and iPads. These updates are not so important and users can wait for about 6months to a year, before thinking about these updates. After that, the user may notice that some features are not working as smoothly as they were. This is due to the software not being updated.
Just speaking in general, if you are worried that the new software release of the Apple iOS version contains bugs. That’s common among every software update out in the open world. However, you can wait for the second or third version of iOS or iPad OS. Apple follows a trend of releasing 4 to 5 software releases before revealing the final version of the software. Or you can just wait for the final version but it will take a year to launch.
How To Cancel Automatic Install Of iOS and iPad OS Updates
Here is the method to cancel the automatic updates of iOS or iPad OS. If you are running iOS 14 or iPad OS 14 or later then this method is quite easy to follow. So without taking any more time here is what you need to do.
Note: There is a single requirement before performing this method. You need to have an Update Scheduled to access this part of the settings.
- Open the settings menu on your iOS or iPad OS device.
- Scroll down until you see the General option, and then open it.
- Now tap on the Software Update option.
- Here you can see the iOS or iPad OS versions, some key features of the software, etc.
- Tap on the Automatic updates option
- Here you will see two options with toggle switches.
- Tap on the toggle switch of Install iOS Update to the Off position.
- A pop-up will appear on the screen with two options to select from.
- Cancel Install Tonight
- Turn off Automatic Updates.
- Select Cancel Tonight to cancel the updates for tonight and leave the automatic update on for next time.
- Select Turn off Automatic Updates to permanently turn off Automatic Updates.
- However, the Tonight Secluded update will not be affected by this option.
- So, select Cancel Install Tonight option.
- Repeat the last step again and select the second option.
This is how you can Cancel Automatic Install Of iOS and iPad OS Updates.
This article was all regarding the method to Cancel Automatic Install Of iOS and iPad OS Updates. If you have any questions regarding this topic or relating to iOS or iPad OS, then ask in the comment section below. Thank You and keep supporting ItsDailyTech.