- I present a guide to help players fix the Flashing Image Bug on Battlefield 2042.
- The issue may arise within the game because of corrupted or missing game files.
- You can consult with the drafted issues to resolve the Battlefield 2042 Flickering Screen issue.
Multiple players are frustrated with the issues that occurred on Battlefield 2042. They even bore the instabilities on the Beta version, hoping that the stable build would be free from glitches. Still, they have to face errors like Battlefield 2042 Flickering Screen or Image Flashing Bug during the gameplay. So my focus will be on providing some fixes to such an issue.
How Do I Fix Battlefield 2042 Flickering Screen?
The reason for the Flickering Screen on Battlefield 2042 may reside within game files or system services. In both cases, your system is unable to respond correctly to the received game’s display requests. So you need to perform various terminologies to get rid of this error.
Update Battlefield 2042
Before moving forward on performing any customizations, you should consider updating Battlefield 2042 on your Windows PC. You can do that directly from the Steam Client.
- From the main interface of Steam, navigate to the Library section.
- Open the Battlefield 2042 game and wait until you are notified about the pending update.
- In case of a pending game update, allow Steam to install it and once the upgrading is completed, launch Battlefield 2042.
Update Graphics Drivers
Updating your Graphics Drivers can also help your resolve the image flashing bug on Battlefield 2042. To do so, perform the following steps:
- Press Win + X keys to launch the context menu.
- Select Device Manager utility.
- Expand the Display Adapters tab.
- Right-click on the GPU device and select Update Driver
- On the next interface, select the “Search automatically for drivers” option.
- After updating the drivers, restart your PC.
Turn Off Ray Traced Ambient Occlusion on Battlefield 2042
Ray Traced Ambient Occlusion is enabled to enhance the display instance in Battlefield 2042. But on some computers, such a facility is problematic, as reported on Reddit by various players. So you need to disable it and then relaunch your gameplay.
Examine HMDI Connectivity
In case you have connected an external display device like a monitor or LED using an HDMI cable, you should ensure that the cable is connected properly. In addition, try playing the game on the default display, so that you can make sure that the problem doesn’t reside within the HDMI connectivity.
Decrease Display Fresh Rate
Your device’s screen display fresh rate can be troubling with the high-end games. So you need to lower it to a refresh rate, that fewer resources are executed while you are enjoying Battlefield 2042 on your Windows PC.
- Launch Windows Settings by pressing Win + I keys.
- Navigate to System >> Display.
- Click on the Advanced Display Settings link from the right pane.
- Select the refresh rate less than “120Hz”. (you can select the 60Hz or 75Hz refresh rates for best performance)
Check Game Status
In case you have enough with the manual customizations, you should start to stay tuned with the developer’s team. Most of the issues encountered by players on Battlefield 2042 are known by the support team and they deliver news about the game builds that come with the fixes to the previously encountered issues. You can follow the @BattlefieldComm page on Twitter to get details about known game errors.
Track our Known Issues over on the #Battlefield Forums
This page will kept updated regularly so keep it bookmarked, and check back for updates
— Battlefield Direct Communication (@BattlefieldComm) November 11, 2021
That’s all, thanks for your time spent reading ways to Fix Battlefield 2042 Flickering Screen at it’sDailyTech.