Battlefield 1 is an award-winning FPS game developed by DICE and published by Electronic Arts. The game’s available for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.
The game consists of many challenges, where players have to complete missions to claim successful gameplay. But only if they don’t decide to join the multiplayer sessions.
Battlefield 1’s campaign mode consists of six different stories, allowing players to be a part of World War 1, where they are required to battle against the Dutch army.
The game doesn’t require many resources to run smoothly, but it glitches at times when you are trying to launch it on your computer. And for that, you can consult the following section.
How Do I Fix Battlefield 1 Not Launching on PC?
Here are some troubleshooting workarounds that can be implied to fix the Battlefield 1 crashing at startup or not launching issue. I have listed various methods, by considering all the scenarios that can trigger this error.
Total Time: 6 minutes
Always ensure that your system has enough juice to run Battlefield 1.
Operating System: Windows 7/8/10 (x64)
Processor: Intel i5 / AMD Ryzen equivalent
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2GB) or equivalent AMD
DirectX: Version 11 or higher
Launch Battlefield 1 as Administrator
First of all, you should try launching Battlefield 1 with administrative rights. This would allow you to run the game without facing any blockades from antivirus software.
1. Right-click on the shortcut icon of Battlefield 1 and select Properties.
2. Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
3. Check the Run this program as administrator box.
4. Click on the Ok button.
Update GPU Drivers
Always ensure that your device drivers are updated to the latest build.
1. Especially, your graphics drivers should be updated to the latest patch.
2. Press the Win + X keys to launch the context menu.
3. Select Device Manager from the appearing menu.
4. Expand the Display Adapters tab.
5. Right-click on the GPU device and select Update Driver
6. Allow the system to update the files automatically.
Install Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Some Visual C++ Runtime files can get corrupted, so you should reinstall the C++ on your Windows PC.
1. Press the Win + I keys to launch Settings
2. Go to the Apps & Features tab.
3. Uninstall all the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable files.
4. Go to the Microsoft website to download the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables
5. Now, install the downloaded files and reboot your system, after the successful installation.
Verify Battlefield 1 Files
Players can also repair/verify Battlefield 1 files directly from the Steam client. This would allow them to fix any corruptions from the game file directory, that is causing the crashing trouble.
1. Navigate to the Library section on Steam.
2. Right-click on Battlefield 1 and select Properties.
3. Go to Local Files and click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
4. Relaunch Steam, once the verification is completed.
Force Start Battlefield 1 with DirectX 11
Players can also launch Battlefield 1 through DirectX 11 or above, directly from the Steam client.
1. Launch Steam and go to Library.
2. Now, right-click on Battlefield 1 and choose Properties.
3. Navigate to the General tab.
4. Under Launch Options, type -dx11 and save changes.
5. Launch Battlefield 1 on Steam.
Reinstall Battlefield 1
As a last resort, you should reinstall Battlefield 1 on your computer.
If you are playing it on Steam then here’s what you need to do:
1. Uninstall Battlefield 1 from the Library section.
2. Close Steam and clear the cache memory of your system.
3. Launch Steam and reinstall Battlefield 1.
That’s all, thanks for visiting it’sDailyTech.