- Amazon accounts are beneficial for product sellers as well as buyers.
- Getting on locked by Amazon can cause various difficulties, as it would also not allow one to benefit from Kindle and Fire.
- Is your Amazon Account Locked? If so, consult the following article.
Even on Amazon.com, a buyer and seller are required to create an account to proceed in using the services of this e-commerce platform. But sometimes, the portal’s algorithms detect some suspicious activity, due to which, your Amazon account gets blocked out of the blue.
Unlock Amazon Account
You should contact Amazon support via the following channels:
- Phone number
- Online Chat
While interacting with an Amazon agent, provide your valid details, to ensure that you are not the one responsible for suspicious activities.
Reasons for Getting Amazon Account Getting Blocked
Amazon only blocks an account to prevent fraud and unauthorized actions. And in the back end, all the burden is lifted by the programmed algorithms. So whenever they detect suspicious activity, they start responding depending on a user’s previous activities. Here are some factors that may lead to a temporary lock, resulting in, your orders getting on hold.
- One of the biggest reasons for getting an amazon account blocked is providing false information. So always ensure that you have entered the right information regarding your outlets or consumer address.
- Detection of a huge number of orders from a new account can also lead to account blockade. So if you are a new consumer, try to keep a low profile.
- Try minimizing the order returns. Because it isn’t costing you a penny, but Amazon, they have to pay the shipping charges from their pocket.
- It’s unusual but true that Amazon records a user’s gift card activity. It only allows a certain amount of gift cards from a new customer, so it would be best to avoid using numerous cards until you have created a good reputation.
- Try avoiding IP masking, because Amazon collects your IP address and if those IP addresses keep changing, it may lead to the Amazon Account Locked issue.
Video Tutorial: Amazon Account Locked
How Can You Fix Amazon Account Locked?
Amazon.com allows users to consult with their team, in case of a false account blockade. So that, they can protect the platform from fraud and only allow the sellers and buyers to benefit from it. Here are a bunch of methods that can be used to unblock an Amazon account.
Call Amazon Team
The best way to unlock your blocked Amazon account is to contact the support team via phone number. So you can talk with the supervisor personally and prove your identity. The team member would ask you to provide some personal details like your account number, utility bills receipt, and bank statement. Once you have proven your real identity, they will start to lift the blockade from your account.
- To call Amazon from America: +1 (206)-266-2992
- To call Amazon outside of America: 1-888-230-4331
Sometimes the phone lines are busy, so you may be unable to contact the team via phone number. In such a case scenario, one should start an online chat with the support team.
- Visit the Amazon website and log in using your account credentials.
- Click on the Contact Us button.
- Now, hit the “Start Chatting now” button.
- Wait until your chat is designated to an account specialist.
- After starting a chat with an account supervisor, provide the asked details to verify your account.
Get in Touch via Email
Whenever your Amazon account gets blocked, you are notified about the suspicious activity via email. So it would be best to reply to the received email, to prove that you have done nothing wrong.
- Go to the Amazon website and navigate to the Sign-in interface.
- Expand the Need help? tab and click on Other issues with Sign-in
- Click on Account & Login Issues → I Cannot Sign Into my account
- Now, send an email requesting to lift the account blockade and wait for a reply from Amazon.
Provide Confirmation Documents
If you want a straightforward solution to the Amazon Account Locked problem, you should send your details directly to Amazon.
- Open your email containing the details of your last Amazon order.
- Click on the provided link that leads to your Amazon account.
- Try to purchase a product and wait until you get the “Your Amazon account is locked, and orders are on hold” error message.
- After getting the notification, click on the Add Document button.
- Now, provide the documents that reveal your real identity to verify your Amazon account.
To Avoid Amazon Account Blockade
After getting your Amazon unblocked, avoid performing the following activities to keep your account alive-n-kicking.
- Don’t maximize the returning orders, more than you buy.
- If you are a new account owner, don’t buy the most expensive products, until you got a good reputation.
- Avoid using gift cards of more than $200 per day, so your account is reputed well.
- If you are a seller, do create multiple accounts, so you don’t get stuck in the process.
That’s all, thanks for your time spent reading ways to fix Amazon Account Locked Due to Suspicious Activity at it’sDailyTech.