Android 12 was quiet for quite a long time period. And a simple bug can cause many issues and even affect the overall performance of the system.
Like, we saw issues reported on many tech questioning answering platforms and some social news too. A strange bug is causing the All Home Screen Shortcuts to disappear.
Google Pixel Devices that have the Android 12 Updates are affected by this error.
Here are the Google Pixel Devices that support Android 12. Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a (5G), Pixel 5, and Pixel 5a.
How to Fix All Home Screen Shortcuts Disappeared on Android 12
We analyzed the issue thoroughly and tried to find out simple solutions for it. Luckily we find some very effective solutions that can fix All Home Screen Shortcuts Disappear on Android 12.
Remember we are offering these solutions only for those who are using the Android 12 Stable version, not the Beta ones!
Pixel users should use the feedback option!
Here is the way to give feedback to the developers from Settings.
- Head over to the device Settings menu.
- Tap on About Phone.
- Tap on Feedback and submit the necessary details so that the developers can work on it properly.
Uninstall and Re-Enable Android System WebView
- Go to the Settings menu on your Android 12 Smartphone.
- Tap on Apps > Select All apps.
- Go to the app store page for Android System WebView
- There should be a link from its settings page.
- Then select ‘Uninstall’ and wait for a few seconds, Once done! Tap on Enable and it will work right away.
Clear the Cache
Android users should know that they must clear the Cache and Junk files from the phone storage daily. Likewise, the other recent Android 12 issues, All Home Screen Shortcuts Disappeared error can also occur because of the Caches or Data files.
To Clear Cache of Clear Data of Google Play Store;
Go to the Settings > Apps > Manage Apps > Google Play > Tap on Clear Data > Choose Clear Cache or Clear Data.
Alternatively, users can Press and Hold on the Google Play Store App icon in App Drawer. Tap on App Info > Clear Data > Clear Cache/Clear Data.
First of all, you need to back up your data. As the OS is Android So Google Drive will be the best medium for sure. Before erasing all data from your phone, you can synchronize your whole data with Drive. Remember the factory reset brings back the phone OS to factory condition. You will not get any non-stock data once the phone is reset except if you have a backup on Account.
- To Reset your Google Pixel Device you need to follow the below steps.
- Go to Settings > System > Reset options > Erase all data (factory reset) > Erase all data.
- Your phone will surely prompt a security check, enter your PIN or Password > Tap on Erase all data to confirm.
- You have to wait for the device to reset to factory settings, Don’t try to cancel the procedure in middle. Keep patience and wait for the system revival, it’ll reboot the system automatically
- Finally, go through the initial setup process, and check for the home screen shortcuts again.
This is the final solution for any software-related issue in the world.