Want to Add HomeKit Accessories Without QR Code using the Home App On iPhone or iPad? Facing issues while setting up or adding new HomeKit accessories? It can be because that your device is not scanning the QR Code. Or the QR code is damaged. What so ever is the issue, there is a manual method to configure your accessories without a QR Code.
In this article, we will be covering Home App on iPhone and iPad. However, the same method can be used on Mac devices and iPods. Moreover, most HomeKit Accessories come with a QR Code and some come with an NFC label. If you have ever used a QR Code, then you might know that they are somewhat unreliable when scanning and detecting. Mostly when the QR Code is damaged.
However, Apple has added an alternative option that is used for manually adding accessories. You might have noticed a code written next to the QR Code. Ever wonder what that small code is for? This code is for this exact issue if you are unable to scan the QR Code to add your accessory.
Wondering how this code can be used for adding accessories on your iPhone or iPad? Don’t worry we have got you covered. We have explained the procedure regarding “Add HomeKit Accessories Without QR Code” further in the article.
How Can I Add HomeKit Accessories Without QR Code Manually – iPhone, iPad, iPod, & Mac
Usually, we use the device camera to scan the QR Code to add accessories. However, if the QR Code is damaged you can follow the procedure explained below to manually add accessories to the Home app on iPhone or iPad.
- Open the Home app on your device (iPhone, iPad, and Mac)
- Tab on the Plus (+) icon at the top left side of the screen to add accessories.
- A popup menu will appear, from this menu select “Add Accessory”
- You will be prompted to scan the QR Code. From the bottom select “I don’t have a code or Cannot scan”
- The Home app will now try to locate the accessory using NFC. Make sure the accessory is turned on and is nearby.
- If your accessory doesn’t show up in the search results, then tap on “My Accessory isn’t shown here”
- The Home app will now show multiple options for you to perform.
- The first option is Manual Code. You just have to tab on the yellow text saying “Enter Code”
- Find the code on the packaging next to the QR Code, or look for the code on the accessory itself.
- Enter the eight-digit code and click on the Continue button.
The Home app will try to identify the accessory when the accessory is identified tab on the “Add To Home” button to complete the setup. Thus, this is how you can Add HomeKit Accessories Without QR Code on all Apple devices.
Moreover, this alternative method can be very useful if your QR Code is damaged. However, if you have HomeKit was previously owned or connected to a different Home network, then you have to reset it before using it. If the QR Code is not working, then you must have the eight-digit code to add the accessory. Or your accessory must be turned on and near the device if it has NFC capabilities.
This all you need to know regarding Add HomeKit Accessories Without QR Code On iPhone Or iPad. If you have any questions, then ask in the comment section below. Thank You for your time and keep supporting ItsDailyTech.