- The update frequency of Windows 11 is quite high.
- The cumulative updates hit you on a weekly or monthly basis.
- I will discuss the methods to fix 0x800f0806 on Windows 11.
If you are worried about why you are unable to install the cumulative update on Windows 11? No need to worry at all because it’s not all your fault Windows OS is unable to download the update files.
The problem is within the update manager, which can usually be resolved by triggering the troubleshooter. But sometimes, even the troubleshooter is of no problem.
In critical times like these, you shouldn’t give up on the latest operating system. But implement some workarounds to keep it alive-n-kicking on your computer.
How Do I Fix 0x800f0806 on Windows 11?
Mainly you got to force Windows 11 to download and install the update files. Because your system is unable to download the required files manually.
So before proceeding to any of the following methods, ensure that your computer is connected with a working internet connection.
Total Time: 5 minutes
Execute Update Troubleshooter
1. Launch Windows 11 Settings.
2. Navigate to the System tab.
3. Go to Troubleshoot >> Other Troubleshooters.
4. Click on Windows Update >> Run >> Restart your PC.
Restart Windows Update Service
1. Press the Win + R keys from your keyboard.
2. Type Services.msc in the box and press Enter.
3. From the right pane, right-click on Background intelligent transfer service and select Properties. Change its startup type to “Automatic” and save changes.
4. Now, right-click on Windows Update and select Properties. Change its startup type to “Automatic” and save changes.
5. Close the Services window and restart your PC.
Get Windows 11 Installation Assitant
1. Click here to visit the official Microsoft software download web page for Windows 11.
2. Under Windows 11 Installation Assistant, click on the Download Now button.
3. Once the software is downloaded and installed, run it on your computer.
Get Microsoft Update Catalog
1. Click here to visit the Microsoft Update Catalog web page for Windows 11.
2. Download the latest Windows 11 update file.
3. Restart your computer.
Manually Reset Windows Update Items
1. Launch the Notepad app using the search bar.
2. Copy and paste the following script into the Notepad:
SC config trustedinstaller start=auto
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop msiserver
net stop cryptsvc
net stop appidsvc
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dll
regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset proxy
rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start msiserver
net start cryptsvc
net start appidsvc
3. Press Ctrl + S keys to save the file.
4. While saving the file, name it “Wufix.bat” and save it on your desktop.
5. Once the file is created, right-click on it and select “Run as Administrator“.
Get Media Creation Tool
1. Visit the official Microsoft software download web page for Windows 11.
2. Under Windows 11 Installation Media, click on the Download Now button.
3. Launch the download file and follow the onscreen instructions to install it.
FAQs: Windows 11 Update
Is Windows 11 Called 22H2?
No, 22H2 is just the current version of the Windows 11 cumulative update. You allow Windows 11 to install the update automatically, once its files are downloaded.
Is Windows 11 Better Than Windows 10?
Yes, Windows 11 is considered to be much faster than Windows 10. Because in this operating system, apps launch faster and you get to bypass sleep mode instantly.